Q: What are the different types of referrals?
The two main types of referrals are business referrals and personal referrals.
Often business referrals will be formal arrangements where businesses have agreed to introduce certain types of clients on pre-agreed commercial terms.
Personal referrals tend to be much more informal and ad hoc.
Referrals can be:
1) Internal - via existing organisation.
2) Professional - accountants and solicitors.
3) Network – individuals with potential clients for whom our service is relevant.
4) Online – website marketing, social networking, LinkedIn, search engines.
5) Existing clients.
6) PR & Marketing – press publications, radio, various media opportunities, seminars etc.
7) Targeted – hot topics and focused planning i.e. Inheritance tax to retired people, tax mitigation for high earners, automatic enrolment for businesses, etc.
Finished reading all the other articles in this Guide?Bank 40min of Structured CPD