From Adviser Guide:
Picking a Platform part 2
Q: How do I switch my clients’ assets?
Some platforms do not offer re-registration off platform.
It the platform does bit offer re-registration off platform the adviser needs to cash in the investment or carry out a transfer, whereby the new platform liaises with the existing platform to sell the investment and move the money across.
Where appropriate, Bill Vasilieff, chief executive of Novia, said some platforms will also carry out bulk migrations.
More in this guide
- Q: Can an IFA use only one platform?
- Q: How do I ensure a platform is best for business?
- Q: How do I ensure a platform is best for my client?
- Q: How do I show the platform is best for my client?
- Q: How will I be paid for registering my client?
- Q: What should I ask a platform provider?
- Q: How important is the platform’s ownership?