From Adviser Guide:
Statements of professional standing 1hr
Q: How do I apply for a statement of professional standing?
Different accredited bodies have a variety of ways to apply for a statement of professional standing.
For the Chartered Insurance Institute, you need to go through an online application process on the organisation’s website to submit your request for an SPS.
Steve Jenkins, director of financial services and insurance markets at the Chartered Insurance Institute, said: “Please remember, that only CII/PFS members are able to apply for a Statement of Professional Standing issued by the CII.”
IFP members can apply for their SPS - or renewal of their SPS - at the time of their membership renewal. All the necessary paperwork is sent to members one month before their renewal date.
If members want a SPS in advance of their 2012 to 2013 membership year, they need to complete a SPS application form, which is available on the IFP’s website.
Sue Wiggins, CPD manager of the Institute of Financial Services, said advisers can apply to her organisation using a streamlined online process.
She said: “We also cater for those who would rather submit in writing.”
Finished reading all the other articles in this Guide? Bank 1hr of Structured CPD
More in this guide
- Q: What is a statement of professional standing?
- Q: Who provides statements of professional standing?
- Q: Are all statements of professional standing the same?
- Q: What should I ask SPS providers?
- Q: How long will it take to obtain a statement?
- Q: How much does a statement of professional standing cost?
- Q: Once I have a statement, what do I need to do?
- Q: Once I have a statement, what will the provider do?
- Q: What happens if I no longer meet SPS requirements?
- Q: Can I change my provider of SPS?