From Adviser Guide:
Statements of professional standing 1hr
Q: Once I have a statement, what do I need to do?
Once you have your SPS, you can continue to work in regulated financial advice post 31 December 2012.
You will need to maintain your CPD record and apply for your SPS annually, according to Sue Wiggins, CPD manager of the Institute of Financial Services.
You can use the statement of professional standing to show to clients and can continue to work in regulated financial advice post 31 December 2012.
Steve Jenkins, director of financial services and insurance markets at the Chartered Insurance Institute, said the CII is making it available as a downloadable certificate.
Finished reading all the other articles in this Guide? Bank 1hr of Structured CPD
More in this guide
- Q: What is a statement of professional standing?
- Q: Who provides statements of professional standing?
- Q: Are all statements of professional standing the same?
- Q: What should I ask SPS providers?
- Q: How do I apply for a statement of professional standing?
- Q: How long will it take to obtain a statement?
- Q: How much does a statement of professional standing cost?
- Q: Once I have a statement, what will the provider do?
- Q: What happens if I no longer meet SPS requirements?
- Q: Can I change my provider of SPS?