We use cookies to improve site performance and enhance your user experience. If you'd like to disable cookies on this device, please see our cookie management page.
If you close this message or continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies on this devise in accordance with our cookie policy, unless you disable them.

In association with

Home > Training > Adviser Guides

From Adviser Guide: Statements of professional standing

Q: Once I have a statement, what do I need to do?

Once you have your SPS, you can continue to work in regulated financial advice post 31 December 2012.

By Emma Ann Hughes | Published Jun 21, 2012 | comments

You will need to maintain your CPD record and apply for your SPS annually, according to Sue Wiggins, CPD manager of the Institute of Financial Services.

You can use the statement of professional standing to show to clients and can continue to work in regulated financial advice post 31 December 2012.

Steve Jenkins, director of financial services and insurance markets at the Chartered Insurance Institute, said the CII is making it available as a downloadable certificate.

Finished reading all the other articles in this Guide?Bank 1hr of Structured CPD

Most Popular
More on FTAdviser
FTA jobs
  • Compliance Manager

    Location: Leeds/Edinburgh/Glasgow/Manchester

    Salary: To £60,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits

  • Paraplanner

    Location: London

    Salary: To £45,000 + benefits

  • Investment Analyst

    Location: Manchester

    Salary: To £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits