From Adviser Guide:
Q: How can I research multi-manager funds?
Key considerations to make when researching and selecting multi-manager products include:
the fund manager and their investment philosophy, portfolio construction, the fund review process and the provider firm.
Many investment houses offer multi-manager funds whilst a smallernumber offer both fettered and unfettered portfolios.
According to Threadneedle, questions to ask of a provider are:
1) Are the funds fettered or unfettered?
2) If the funds are fettered how broad is the choice of fund available
to the manager?
3) Is asset allocation also used to drive returns?
4) What are the fees?
5) Are your funds risk rated according to a third party provider?
6) How many funds does the multi-manager fund typically invest in?
Finished reading all the other articles in this Guide?Bank 1hr of Structured CPD