This month’s cover story investigates commercial property, looking beyond the obvious to find interesting opportunities.
We also take a look at attitude to risk versus capacity for loss – do you know the difference? Clean share classes come under the spotlight as we analyse whether they have created true transparency, while elsewhere we scrutinise target date funds and how they differ from other pension funds.
In our regular features, the Q and A hotseat is taken up by Stephen Jones – this year’s Financial Planner of the Year Award winner – while the Advocate sees two advisers debate whether the Pica directory of retirement advisers is a good thing. The Adviser Toolkit looks at whether networks can help you with compliance and our monthly Money Management fund statistics are available for download.
Finally, our expert spotlight writers focus on the key industry issues:
• Mortgage spotlight: Housing market shows signs of recovery
• Tax spotlight: The benefits of commercial property purchase
• Pensions spotlight: SRI is not the answer to ethics in pensions
• Investment spotlight: Time to rethink the future
• Protection spotlight: IP still failing to grab attention