All CPD content
Guide to investing in Latin America
- Be able to list what the long-term opportunities are for investing in the region.
- Identify how Latin American equities have performed recently and over the longer term.
- List the reasons Latin American bonds have outperformed and what political changes the region might face.
How clients can position in alternatives to withstand volatility
- Identify the role of alternatives and their benefits in a portfolio.
- List how clients can get returns from less traditional asset classes and why the current environment means they need to.
- Be able to describe the risks of using alternative investments in a broader portfolio.
Guide to key Budget announcements
- Be able to identify the economic announcements from the Budget and how the Chancellor has prepared for Brexit.
- Describe what pension reforms were delivered by the Chancellor in the Budget around patient capital investment.
- List the four key residential housing market policies from the Budget.
Getting the pensions conversation right
- Understand the cash flow modelling exercise financial planners might use to create a retirement plan with clients.
- Consider how to help clients minimise the risk of running out of money in retirement.
- Grasp how to make pensions for compelling for millennial clients.
How to advise clients on DB transfers
- Understand what the FCA has issued on pension transfer advice and who is eligible to give advice.
- Learn what to do with self investors and the distinction between the two risk types.
- Grasp what there is to know about TVAS, TVC and Apta, and charging for advice.
How to help clients approach sustainable investing
- Understand what are the different definitions around the concept of sustainable or ethical investing.
- Learn how to help different clients navigate the different approaches to sustainable investing.
- Consider what type of data there is available to help advisers make a selection.
How to help clients invest for accumulation and decumulation
- Explain the differentiated objectives in accumulation and decumulation investing.
- Understand and contrast the key risks of investing in accumulation and decumulation.
- Understand and explain the key variables in analysing and evaluating the potential outcomes of a retirement investment plan.