All CPD content
How to ensure pension transfer clients are not hit by the LTA
- Understand what is important to the client when advising pension transfer clients.
- Learn about the different options available to pension transfer clients who want to avoid the LTA.
- Consider what is the right way to use the 100 per cent lifetime allowance.
Why clients should avoid relying on property to fund retirement
- Consider why clients are relying on property to fund their retirement.
- Learn what the risks are of relying on property and cash, and why clients are averse to saving into a pension.
- Understand how advisers can help clients to avoid relying on equity in the home for retirement income.
How cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Learn about how cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a relationship breaks down
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a partner dies
How to help clients position in UK equities for Brexit
- Understand how to help clients position their investment portfolios in UK equities as Brexit approaches.
- Learn what a possible 'no deal' Brexit might mean for UK equities.
- Consider whether clients should adjust their exposure to large, mid or small-cap UK stocks.
Guide to unusual buy-to-let
- Learn what there is to know about the holiday let market in the UK.
- Understand how mortgage providers are catering to the needs of expat landlords with UK property and the tax implications for holiday homes.
- Consider what there is to know about Airbnb as buy-to-let landlords show an interest.