All CPD content
What are the biggest risks for clients in 2019?
- Describe what to expect from financial markets in 2019.
- Identify the impact of Brexit on sterling and for asset allocation in client portfolios.
- List the reasons why some are predicting a recession and the asset classes expected to perform well next year.
Guide to the background to protection planning
- Describe what types of financial shocks income protection can cover.
- Identify how state benefits and IP interact and how advisers can help clients understand the IP claims process.
- List how the income protection market might develop over the next few years, including whether it will consolidate.
The growing importance of advice on long-term care
- Describe why the number of people living for longer is set to increase and the care available to them.
- Identify what to check with a client or relative who has immediate care needs.
- List the options clients have to be able to meet care costs and how to communicate these to them.
What the Budget delivered for your clients
- Identify what were the biggest announcements in the Budget related to pensions, tax and housing.
- Describe what announcements advisers would like to have seen the chancellor make.
- List what changes delivered by the chancellor will have the most impact on advisers' clients.
Getting to grips with the residence nil rate band
- List the key definitions, dates and thresholds for the residence nil-rate band.
- Identify what are the 'traps' to watch out for in estate planning strategies.
- Describe the common scenarios advisers may encounter with their clients when dealing with RNRB.
Guide to the changing face of income protection
- Describe how sales of income protection differ from other types of protection and why this is.
- Identify which initiatives have raised awareness of IP and how these have helped advisers start protection conversations.
- List how income protection has adapted to meet the needs of growing numbers of self-employed.
Financial planning for later life care provision
- Describe what options for solving the later life care crisis have been suggested.
- Identify what clients want from their later years and how much money they will need to achieve that.
- List what clients need to know about saving for care, paying IHT and what flexible options there are.
What advisers need to know about Generation Rent and protection
- Identify the changes in the BTL market which were intended to help first-time buyers.
- Describe what impact fewer homeowners means for protection needs and advisers who sell protection.
- List why tenants or Generation Rent represent a potential income for advisers as clients.
Building a decumulation investment strategy for clients
- Be able to describe a “liability relative” approach to investing.
- Identify the different implementation approaches to liability-relative investing.
- List the “hybrid strategies” which incorporate annuities and/or insurance into a portfolio.
Guide to investing in Latin America
- Be able to list what the long-term opportunities are for investing in the region.
- Identify how Latin American equities have performed recently and over the longer term.
- List the reasons Latin American bonds have outperformed and what political changes the region might face.