All CPD content
Senior Managers and Certification Regime: are you resilient?
- Describe how to ensure there is accountability in advice companies for the resilience of operational services ready for SMCR.
- List what to do to mitigate risks from outside the company.
- Identify the cyber risk to the business and prepare for it.
Regrets, refunds and the relevance of contribution paid dates
- Describe how the refund of excess contributions lump sum works and what is considered a genuine error.
- Identify the date contributions are paid for tax purposes and how different payment methods are treated.
- List what advisers need to know about pension savings statements.
Guide to risk and return in multi-asset
- Identify whether multi-asset funds are using a more modern approach to diversification and how it can be measured.
- Describe how advisers can evaluate risk and volatility in multi-asset, and the importance of clients' time horizons.
- List how multi-asset funds can meet income requirements.
Why annuities are an essential tool for clients' financial future
- Describe why clients' retirement income needs are changing and how the annuity market has developed.
- List the different types of annuities including lifetime, enhanced and fixed term.
- Identify the importance of advice in the annuity market and why annuities can be an essential tool for clients.
Guide to suitability and duty of care
- Describe what the regulator expects from advisers around duty of care and suitability.
- List what has happened in global markets and why clients might be concerned.
- Identify how to deliver financial solutions that meet client needs against this backdrop.