All CPD content
How to help clients appoint a lasting power of attorney
- Learn how attorneys are appointed in England and Wales and why they are important.
- Understand what LPAs allow clients to achieve and the role of a health and welfare LPA.
- Consider how to broach the issue with clients and some tips for advisers.
Guide to investing in frontier markets
- Learn what constitutes a frontier market and sets the asset class apart from emerging market economies.
- Understand how investors can get exposure to frontier markets in their portfolio and to fixed income.
- Grasp which frontier market countries offer the best investment opportunities and why.
The impact of GDPR on divorce proceedings
- Understand the impact of GDPR on divorce proceedings.
- Learn the implications of being jointly instructed or instructed by one party in the proceedings.
- Consider the role of the adviser in understanding the financial information provided by one or other party.
Understanding passive approaches to SRI
- Learn about the history of ESG investments and SRI, as well as the differences between the two.
- Consider the three main routes to investing sustainably including passive, active and impact investments.
- Understand the index selection for passive investments and what is behind investor selection.
Guide to unexpected property ownership
- Learn what happens after a client has inherited a property and what their options are.
- Consider whether renting or selling an inherited house is better and what the different markets are like.
- Understand what to know about becoming an accidental landlord.
How to access the free client bank in need of advice
- Learn why there are opportunities for advisers in the workplace pensions market.
- Understand how the current workplace pension market works including regulatory changes and costs.
- Consider what the retirement options are and how to evolve a workplace proposition.
How financial planning can help clients bridge the generation gap
- Learn about some of the planning strategies advisers should have to help clients tackle the generation gap.
- Understand the importance of inheritance tax when transferring accumulated wealth and questions to ask clients.
- Consider the range of gifting strategies and trust structures available to clients.
How advisers can help clients turn property potential into reality
- Consider the case for using equity release to help fund retirement.
- Learn the misconceptions advisers' clients have about equity release and how to overcome these.
- Understand how to educate clients and the wider family members about their property options.