All CPD content
How to help clients invest for accumulation and decumulation
- Explain the differentiated objectives in accumulation and decumulation investing.
- Understand and contrast the key risks of investing in accumulation and decumulation.
- Understand and explain the key variables in analysing and evaluating the potential outcomes of a retirement investment plan.
Guide to the UK market post-Brexit
- Learn how fund managers are positioning in UK equities for Brexit and how clients should be invested in the asset class.
- Consider what impact Brexit uncertainty has had on the UK economy.
- Understand how advisers can help to reassures clients ahead of Britain's departure from the EU and the discussions they should be having.
How to help clients choose the right income fund for retirement
- Learn what impact the pension freedoms have had on retirement provision.
- Consider how income funds can help clients to fund their retirement and the risks that these bring.
- Understand how ratings can help advisers to find the best income funds for their clients.
The 10 things advisers should know about protection
- Understand what to know about the range of protection products and what clients protection needs are.
- Learn about the underwriting process and where price comes in.
- Consider clients' existing employee benefits and any suitable added value benefits.
Should US equities form part of a diversified client portfolio?
- Learn why the US stock market has been in what is known as a bull market.
- Understand whether clients should be concerned about macroeconomic factors in the US.
- Consider why US equities form part of a well-diversified client portfolio.
Why clients should avoid relying on property to fund retirement
- Consider why clients are relying on property to fund their retirement.
- Learn what the risks are of relying on property and cash, and why clients are averse to saving into a pension.
- Understand how advisers can help clients to avoid relying on equity in the home for retirement income.
How cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Learn about how cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a relationship breaks down
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a partner dies