All CPD content
How to use ETFs to get exposure to thematic investing
- Identify what thematic investing is and why it has been associated with active management.
- Describe why it is important to understand the aim of the index methodology and how they are constructed.
- List why it is important to ensure investors have a meaningful exposure to a trend.
Guide to the Isa market
- Describe the history of Isas and why they have become a building block in client portfolios.
- Identify how to protect investments held in stocks and shares Isas from volatility and whether there is value in having a cash Isa.
- List the different types of Isa available now and consider whether there are too many in the market.
Why conversations about protection are difficult but essential
- Identify why protection can be a difficult subject to broach with clients.
- List some of the common misconceptions about protection and its coverage.
- Describe how advisers can make the case for protection, and why mortgage clients might have more of a need.
What you need to know about later life protection
- Identify why the cost of care in the UK is rising and what that means for protection needs.
- List how advisers can help clients plan early and identify the right protection cover.
- Describe which products have entered the market to meet later life protection needs.
Understanding the role of independent financial advice in divorce
- Describe how financial planning at the outset of divorce proceedings can help fund it.
- List what factors are relevant to financial arrangements in divorce proceedings and the need for financial disclosure.
- Identify what need there is for clients to get financial advice when going through a divorce.