All CPD content
How to help clients appoint a lasting power of attorney
- Learn how attorneys are appointed in England and Wales and why they are important.
- Understand what LPAs allow clients to achieve and the role of a health and welfare LPA.
- Consider how to broach the issue with clients and some tips for advisers.
The impact of GDPR on divorce proceedings
- Understand the impact of GDPR on divorce proceedings.
- Learn the implications of being jointly instructed or instructed by one party in the proceedings.
- Consider the role of the adviser in understanding the financial information provided by one or other party.
What to know about advising on business protection
- Learn the definition of a small business and the risks SMEs face.
- Understand the different types of business protection available and what they cover.
- Consider how to increase awareness of business protection among clients and the role of advisers in doing so.
Guide to unexpected property ownership
- Learn what happens after a client has inherited a property and what their options are.
- Consider whether renting or selling an inherited house is better and what the different markets are like.
- Understand what to know about becoming an accidental landlord.
How to access the free client bank in need of advice
- Learn why there are opportunities for advisers in the workplace pensions market.
- Understand how the current workplace pension market works including regulatory changes and costs.
- Consider what the retirement options are and how to evolve a workplace proposition.
How to boost clients' income in retirement
- Learn how advisers can help their clients boost their income in retirement and which strategies are best.
- Understand how the retirement income strategy differs depending on the size of the pension pot.
- Grasp whether the pension freedoms have had any impact on funding retirement sustainably.
How advisers can help clients turn property potential into reality
- Consider the case for using equity release to help fund retirement.
- Learn the misconceptions advisers' clients have about equity release and how to overcome these.
- Understand how to educate clients and the wider family members about their property options.
Are advisers measuring investment risk accurately?
- Understand what is meant by risk and the difference between risk and volatility.
- Learn about the different types of investment risk models and how they are applied.
- Consider the impact on clients and whether absolute return risk can be measured by advisers.
The role of annuities in modern retirement planning
- Learn how the annuity market has recovered since the pension freedoms announcement and what has been driving it.
- Understand some of the key features of annuities that means they are an option for the modern retiree.
- Grasp the role of the adviser in educating retirees about annuities.