All CPD content
Regrets, refunds and the relevance of contribution paid dates
- Describe how the refund of excess contributions lump sum works and what is considered a genuine error.
- Identify the date contributions are paid for tax purposes and how different payment methods are treated.
- List what advisers need to know about pension savings statements.
Why annuities are an essential tool for clients' financial future
- Describe why clients' retirement income needs are changing and how the annuity market has developed.
- List the different types of annuities including lifetime, enhanced and fixed term.
- Identify the importance of advice in the annuity market and why annuities can be an essential tool for clients.
How to prepare your clients for Brexit volatility
- Identify how Brexit might trigger volatility in markets and currencies and the impact on client portfolios.
- Describe how advisers can help clients with short-term drawdown needs to navigate volatility.
- List what advisers can do to help clients meet their income needs.
What you need to know about later life protection
- Identify why the cost of care in the UK is rising and what that means for protection needs.
- List how advisers can help clients plan early and identify the right protection cover.
- Describe which products have entered the market to meet later life protection needs.
Understanding the role of independent financial advice in divorce
- Describe how financial planning at the outset of divorce proceedings can help fund it.
- List what factors are relevant to financial arrangements in divorce proceedings and the need for financial disclosure.
- Identify what need there is for clients to get financial advice when going through a divorce.
Testing DC pension benefits against the lifetime allowance
- List the calculations involved in testing against the lifetime allowance.
- Describe how the tax charge is calculated and whether there is any way of mitigating it.
- Identify how pre-2006 pensions can still reduce the available lifetime allowance at age 75.