All CPD content
Guide to helping mid-lifers plan for retirement
- Describe what mid-lifers need to consider when saving for retirement.
- List how advisers can help mid-lifers prioritise their pension and what tools providers can offer to help.
- Identify how women can ensure they are financially prepared for retirement given the pensions gap.
Why specialist advice is critical for GMP equalisation
- Describe the background to GMP equalisation and how schemes can get started.
- List the different methods of equalisation for schemes to adopt and how they communicate the process with members.
- Identify the potential pitfalls and how specialist advice can help smooth the GMP equalisation journey.
Improving pensions for the self-employed
- List the challenges faced by the self-employed in saving into a pension and the employment landscape in general.
- Describe what the DWP trials are looking at in regards to self-employed pensions.
- Identify possible solutions to saving for retirement among self-employed.
Guide to later life mortgages
- List what types of later life mortgage products are available and how they differ.
- Describe what is driving the growth of this market and why clients are demanding these products.
- Identify what advisers can do to help later life mortgage clients and what they need to know about suitability and risk.
Understanding Qrops and transfers from UK pensions
- Identify what a Qrops is and the conditions that must be met by a Rops.
- Describe the transfer process from a UK registered pension scheme to a Qrops.
- List what five conditions are used to assess an overseas transfer charge and what needs to be known about the lifetime allowance.
The growing importance of advice on long-term care
- Describe why the number of people living for longer is set to increase and the care available to them.
- Identify what to check with a client or relative who has immediate care needs.
- List the options clients have to be able to meet care costs and how to communicate these to them.
What the Budget delivered for your clients
- Identify what were the biggest announcements in the Budget related to pensions, tax and housing.
- Describe what announcements advisers would like to have seen the chancellor make.
- List what changes delivered by the chancellor will have the most impact on advisers' clients.
Building a decumulation investment strategy for clients
- Be able to describe a “liability relative” approach to investing.
- Identify the different implementation approaches to liability-relative investing.
- List the “hybrid strategies” which incorporate annuities and/or insurance into a portfolio.