All CPD content
The growing importance of advice on long-term care
- Describe why the number of people living for longer is set to increase and the care available to them.
- Identify what to check with a client or relative who has immediate care needs.
- List the options clients have to be able to meet care costs and how to communicate these to them.
What the Budget delivered for your clients
- Identify what were the biggest announcements in the Budget related to pensions, tax and housing.
- Describe what announcements advisers would like to have seen the chancellor make.
- List what changes delivered by the chancellor will have the most impact on advisers' clients.
Building a decumulation investment strategy for clients
- Be able to describe a “liability relative” approach to investing.
- Identify the different implementation approaches to liability-relative investing.
- List the “hybrid strategies” which incorporate annuities and/or insurance into a portfolio.
Guide to key Budget announcements
- Be able to identify the economic announcements from the Budget and how the Chancellor has prepared for Brexit.
- Describe what pension reforms were delivered by the Chancellor in the Budget around patient capital investment.
- List the four key residential housing market policies from the Budget.
Getting the pensions conversation right
- Understand the cash flow modelling exercise financial planners might use to create a retirement plan with clients.
- Consider how to help clients minimise the risk of running out of money in retirement.
- Grasp how to make pensions for compelling for millennial clients.
How to advise clients on DB transfers
- Understand what the FCA has issued on pension transfer advice and who is eligible to give advice.
- Learn what to do with self investors and the distinction between the two risk types.
- Grasp what there is to know about TVAS, TVC and Apta, and charging for advice.
How to help clients invest for accumulation and decumulation
- Explain the differentiated objectives in accumulation and decumulation investing.
- Understand and contrast the key risks of investing in accumulation and decumulation.
- Understand and explain the key variables in analysing and evaluating the potential outcomes of a retirement investment plan.
How to help clients choose the right income fund for retirement
- Learn what impact the pension freedoms have had on retirement provision.
- Consider how income funds can help clients to fund their retirement and the risks that these bring.
- Understand how ratings can help advisers to find the best income funds for their clients.