All CPD content
How to help clients invest for accumulation and decumulation
- Explain the differentiated objectives in accumulation and decumulation investing.
- Understand and contrast the key risks of investing in accumulation and decumulation.
- Understand and explain the key variables in analysing and evaluating the potential outcomes of a retirement investment plan.
How to help clients choose the right income fund for retirement
- Learn what impact the pension freedoms have had on retirement provision.
- Consider how income funds can help clients to fund their retirement and the risks that these bring.
- Understand how ratings can help advisers to find the best income funds for their clients.
How to ensure pension transfer clients are not hit by the LTA
- Understand what is important to the client when advising pension transfer clients.
- Learn about the different options available to pension transfer clients who want to avoid the LTA.
- Consider what is the right way to use the 100 per cent lifetime allowance.
Why clients should avoid relying on property to fund retirement
- Consider why clients are relying on property to fund their retirement.
- Learn what the risks are of relying on property and cash, and why clients are averse to saving into a pension.
- Understand how advisers can help clients to avoid relying on equity in the home for retirement income.
How to protect drawdown savings in a market crash
- Understand how different market scenarios can impact clients' income levels in retirement.
- Consider whether diversification, cash levels and other strategies can help portfolios recover from a market crash.
- Learn what advisers need to do with clients to help them through stockmarket volatility.
What to know about investment risk in the early years of retirement
- Learn about the relationship between risk and retirement and how that has changed with pension freedoms.
- Understand why retirees tend to be risk averse and how this can be overcome.
- Grasp what the FCA concluded about risk and how advisers can incorporate this into the advice process.
Pitfalls and merits of paying out on DC scheme death benefits
- Learn about the changes to DC scheme death benefits that have been introduced since pension freedoms
- Find out about what different beneficiaries are entitled to
- Understand why it is important to keep expression of wishes up to date
How to help clients create a lasting power of attorney
- Learn how attorneys are appointed in England and Wales and why they are important.
- Understand what LPAs allow clients to achieve and the role of a health and welfare LPA.
- Consider how to broach the issue with clients and some tips for advisers.