All CPD content
Why conversations about protection are difficult but essential
- Identify why protection can be a difficult subject to broach with clients.
- List some of the common misconceptions about protection and its coverage.
- Describe how advisers can make the case for protection, and why mortgage clients might have more of a need.
What you need to know about later life protection
- Identify why the cost of care in the UK is rising and what that means for protection needs.
- List how advisers can help clients plan early and identify the right protection cover.
- Describe which products have entered the market to meet later life protection needs.
Guide to the background to protection planning
- Describe what types of financial shocks income protection can cover.
- Identify how state benefits and IP interact and how advisers can help clients understand the IP claims process.
- List how the income protection market might develop over the next few years, including whether it will consolidate.
Guide to the changing face of income protection
- Describe how sales of income protection differ from other types of protection and why this is.
- Identify which initiatives have raised awareness of IP and how these have helped advisers start protection conversations.
- List how income protection has adapted to meet the needs of growing numbers of self-employed.
What advisers need to know about Generation Rent and protection
- Identify the changes in the BTL market which were intended to help first-time buyers.
- Describe what impact fewer homeowners means for protection needs and advisers who sell protection.
- List why tenants or Generation Rent represent a potential income for advisers as clients.
The benefits of group protection policies for cancer treatment
- Understand why it is important for employers to have employee benefits in place.
- Learn about the main benefits of group income protection and group critical illness cover.
- Consider some of the criticisms levelled at group critical illness and why cancer makes up the majority of claims.
The 10 things advisers should know about protection
- Understand what to know about the range of protection products and what clients protection needs are.
- Learn about the underwriting process and where price comes in.
- Consider clients' existing employee benefits and any suitable added value benefits.