All CPD content
Senior Managers and Certification Regime: are you resilient?
- Describe how to ensure there is accountability in advice companies for the resilience of operational services ready for SMCR.
- List what to do to mitigate risks from outside the company.
- Identify the cyber risk to the business and prepare for it.
Why conversations about protection are difficult but essential
- Identify why protection can be a difficult subject to broach with clients.
- List some of the common misconceptions about protection and its coverage.
- Describe how advisers can make the case for protection, and why mortgage clients might have more of a need.
Guide to preparing for SMCR
- Identify what advice companies can expect from the new regulatory regime and how it has played out in the banking sector.
- Describe what there is to know about complying and the potential challenges advisers might come across.
- List some practical steps advice companies can take now to prepare for SMCR.
What you need to know about later life protection
- Identify why the cost of care in the UK is rising and what that means for protection needs.
- List how advisers can help clients plan early and identify the right protection cover.
- Describe which products have entered the market to meet later life protection needs.
Understanding the role of independent financial advice in divorce
- Describe how financial planning at the outset of divorce proceedings can help fund it.
- List what factors are relevant to financial arrangements in divorce proceedings and the need for financial disclosure.
- Identify what need there is for clients to get financial advice when going through a divorce.
How to engage with clients’ beneficiaries
- List the benefits of engaging with clients’ beneficiaries as part of intergenerational planning.
- Identify ways to help a client’s executors and beneficiaries during the probate process.
- Describe the opportunity for taking on beneficiaries as clients.