All CPD content
Guide to Help to Buy
- Learn what the Help to Buy equity loan scheme is and how it compares to the Help to Buy Isa.
- Understand what the repayment options are and how mortgage advisers can help clients.
- Consider whether the equity loan is a helpful way onto the property ladder or a ticking timebomb.
The role of annuities in modern retirement planning
- Learn how the annuity market has recovered since the pension freedoms announcement and what has been driving it.
- Understand some of the key features of annuities that means they are an option for the modern retiree.
- Grasp the role of the adviser in educating retirees about annuities.
How to boost uptake of critical illness cover
- Learn about the likelihood of getting ill and the financial impact on households.
- Grasp what are the main barriers preventing people from taking out critical illness cover.
- Understand what the protection industry can do to help advisers talk to clients about critical illness.
How advisers can use investment trusts
- Learn the main reservations advisers have about investment trusts.
- Consider what the industry has done to help educate advisers about closed-ended funds.
- Understand how advisers can overcome some or all of these reservations and use them in client portfolios.
Why platforms are at the heart of advisers' access to products
- Understand the headwinds platforms face and how they are used by advisers.
- Learn whether there is space for both platforms and robo advisers, and the impact of PSD2.
- Grasp how platforms will navigate the current regulatory environment.
Guide to how the pension freedoms have changed the pensions landscape
- Understand the background to the pension freedoms.
- Learn the options available to clients and the most commonly asked questions about the freedoms.
- Grasp whether government and industry can do anything to ease the transition to decumulation.
Pensions pathways: managing the transition
- Learn about the definition of retirement and the need to set up a retirement plan.
- Why retirees need to make adjustments when planning to retire and how the workplace can help.
- Understand how much choices in retirement can lead to more complexity and where the adviser comes in.
Guide to GDPR implementation
- Learn what GDPR is and the key areas for adviser firms to consider when implementing it.
- Consider the main challenges firms face as they prepare for GDPR and how to get GDPR-ready.
- Understand whether the cybersecurity threat is real and how it might affect financial planners.
Guide to adviser soft skills
- Learn what soft skills are, why it is important for advisers to have them and how to use them in client interactions.
- Consider whether there is enough available training on soft skills for new and experienced advisers.
- Understand how to use social media in financial planning to engage with existing and potential clients.