All CPD content
How to make the most of multi-asset
- Understand the strategy behind multi-asset funds and why this makes them suitable for some clients.
- Be able to explain how multi-asset strategies fit into a wider portfolio of investments and the due diligence required.
- Consider why the macroeconomic environment makes the case for using multi-asset funds.
Guide to the return of subprime
- Learn what is meant by subprime or credit impaired and how the market has developed since 2007.
- Understand why providers have re-entered the subprime market and what the signs of another crisis are.
- Comprehend how to clients with complex mortgage needs onto the property ladder.
Countdown to SMCR: what to consider
- Learn about the background to the Senior Managers and Certification Regimes and when it will apply.
- Understand the four practical considerations for firms ahead of its implementation.
- Comprehend what can be done now to prepare for the SMCR and who needs to be involved in implementation.
Prime minister Corbyn? The prospect for client portfolios
- Learn what a hard-left government in power might look like.
- Understand what impact Labour's manifesto might have on the economy and investments if they were in power.
- Understand any similarities Mr Corbyn's policies have with the Conservative Budget and the impact John McDonnell might have as future chancellor.
One year of Trump: A guide to investing in the US
- To learn what is driving equity valuations higher and how much further the rally has to go.
- To understand how much impact President Trump's first year in office has had on investments.
- To comprehend why an allocation to small and mid-caps can help balance a portfolio with a large-cap bias and where the US dollar will go in 2018.
What to consider in the countdown to Mifid II
- Learn what are the key requirements which will apply to advisers from day one of Mifid II.
- Understand the solutions to some of the issues the new regulation may throw up.
- Grasp what is expected of the industry under Mifid II and know how to adapt.
China funds: The standouts in a volatile sector
- Learn about the latest developments in the Chinese economy and how these affect investors
- Gain a sense of the current sentiment towards funds that invest in this area
- Learn how China funds are performing, in relation to each other as well as other investment sectors
Understanding the use of family investment companies
- Learn what a family investment company, or FIC, is and what makes it tax efficient.
- Understand how the shares in a FIC work and what happens when there is a divorce in the family.
- Consider the estate planning issues, and what happens to an individual's FIC shares on death.