All CPD content
How to help clients invest for accumulation and decumulation
- Explain the differentiated objectives in accumulation and decumulation investing.
- Understand and contrast the key risks of investing in accumulation and decumulation.
- Understand and explain the key variables in analysing and evaluating the potential outcomes of a retirement investment plan.
Guide to the UK market post-Brexit
- Learn how fund managers are positioning in UK equities for Brexit and how clients should be invested in the asset class.
- Consider what impact Brexit uncertainty has had on the UK economy.
- Understand how advisers can help to reassures clients ahead of Britain's departure from the EU and the discussions they should be having.
The benefits of group protection policies for cancer treatment
- Understand why it is important for employers to have employee benefits in place.
- Learn about the main benefits of group income protection and group critical illness cover.
- Consider some of the criticisms levelled at group critical illness and why cancer makes up the majority of claims.
How to help clients choose the right income fund for retirement
- Learn what impact the pension freedoms have had on retirement provision.
- Consider how income funds can help clients to fund their retirement and the risks that these bring.
- Understand how ratings can help advisers to find the best income funds for their clients.
The 10 things advisers should know about protection
- Understand what to know about the range of protection products and what clients protection needs are.
- Learn about the underwriting process and where price comes in.
- Consider clients' existing employee benefits and any suitable added value benefits.
Should US equities form part of a diversified client portfolio?
- Learn why the US stock market has been in what is known as a bull market.
- Understand whether clients should be concerned about macroeconomic factors in the US.
- Consider why US equities form part of a well-diversified client portfolio.
How to ensure pension transfer clients are not hit by the LTA
- Understand what is important to the client when advising pension transfer clients.
- Learn about the different options available to pension transfer clients who want to avoid the LTA.
- Consider what is the right way to use the 100 per cent lifetime allowance.
Why clients should avoid relying on property to fund retirement
- Consider why clients are relying on property to fund their retirement.
- Learn what the risks are of relying on property and cash, and why clients are averse to saving into a pension.
- Understand how advisers can help clients to avoid relying on equity in the home for retirement income.
How cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Learn about how cohabiting couples can limit potential financial disadvantages
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a relationship breaks down
- Find out the disadvantages cohabiting couples suffer when a partner dies
How to help clients position in UK equities for Brexit
- Understand how to help clients position their investment portfolios in UK equities as Brexit approaches.
- Learn what a possible 'no deal' Brexit might mean for UK equities.
- Consider whether clients should adjust their exposure to large, mid or small-cap UK stocks.
Guide to unusual buy-to-let
- Learn what there is to know about the holiday let market in the UK.
- Understand how mortgage providers are catering to the needs of expat landlords with UK property and the tax implications for holiday homes.
- Consider what there is to know about Airbnb as buy-to-let landlords show an interest.
How to protect drawdown savings in a market crash
- Understand how different market scenarios can impact clients' income levels in retirement.
- Consider whether diversification, cash levels and other strategies can help portfolios recover from a market crash.
- Learn what advisers need to do with clients to help them through stockmarket volatility.
What to know about investment risk in the early years of retirement
- Learn about the relationship between risk and retirement and how that has changed with pension freedoms.
- Understand why retirees tend to be risk averse and how this can be overcome.
- Grasp what the FCA concluded about risk and how advisers can incorporate this into the advice process.