All CPD content
How to give pension advice to same-sex couples in divorce
- By the end of this feature, you should understand the three options facing divorcees.
- You should be able to explain how each pension division option affects both parties.
- You can explore various options with clients to help them split their pension.
Three things IFAs should know about later-life planning for women
- After reading this, you should understand problems facing women in later life.
- You should be able to explain the importance of estate planning earlier on in life.
- You should be able to promote conversations with clients about long-term care.
Elevating ESG: Now is the time for fund managers to step up their reporting
- Describe the importance of strong ESG reporting.
- Understand how ESG reporting will help advisers and clients make the right decisions.
- Explain what steps need to be taken by fund managers in improving their ESG reporting.
Investment platforms: navigating the maze of investor protections
- Describe the regulatory checks and balances that apply to investment platforms.
- Explain how the government compensation scheme will cover losses.
- Understand how the compensation applies to the different products on a platform.
Achieving greater diversification for a medium-sized investment portfolio
- Explain how to deal more effectively with medium-sized portfolios.
- Describe the type of investments and asset classes that are likely to present the best outcomes for these portfolios.
- Understand why too much diversification can be a bad thing.
Savings deposits and an introduction to cash management platforms
- Explain how cash management platforms operate.
- Identify the benefits to clients holding significant amounts in cash.
- Describe the shortcuts a cash management platform provides to clients wanting to move money to a different account.