Just Retirement Partnership rebrands as Just

Just Retirement Partnership rebrands as Just

Just Retirement Partnership has relaunched under a new brand name - Just.

The company was formed by the merger of Just Retirement Group and Partnership Assurance in August 2015.

At that time, the £1.8bn merger was expected to result in Just Retirement shareholders owning approximately 60 per cent of the combined group while Partnership Assurance shareholders were expected to claim the remaining 40 per cent.

Article continues after advert

According to Stephen Lowe, group communications director at Just Retirement, the brand direction was developed following extensive intermediary and consumer testing. 

Just plans to focus on practical initiatives including working with expert partners to help them support vulnerable customers in later life and working with the Plain English Campaign.

The new brand will be rolled out across the group in a phased approach starting with individually underwritten retirement income solutions in January.

The company will continue to trade on the London Stock Exchange as JRP Group with the ticker JRP.

Mr Lowe said said: "We've written to all IFAs to advise them of the change and we are now implementing it across all materials.

"It's about justice and fairness. Historically both organisations have been trying to challenge the status quo and the new brand reflects that.

"The key for us is IFAs have loved Just Retirement and Partnership for what both organisations have done in terms of challenging and changing the retirement industry and we are not going to lose any of that. The next chapter means we carry on doing that and try doing it better."

Rodney Cook, group chief executive of Just, said:  “Following the merger, a huge amount of work has been undertaken to develop a brand which not only represents the expertise, knowledge and vision of both businesses but highlights our commitment to consumers and our business partners.  

"We are here to help people get the most out of their retirement by providing market leading products, services and making choices easier to understand and decisions more straightforward.

“We are proud to be a company with a social purpose at its heart and believe that our new brand will provide the ideal platform on which to realise our ambitious plans to help millions of people with the challenges of later life.  

"Retirement means something different to each person and by recognising this we can help more people achieve a fair, secure and fulfilling retirement.”