Nationals  

Adviser on recruitment drive despite lockdown

Adviser on recruitment drive despite lockdown

National advice firm Progeny is pushing forward with its recruitment drive and "accelerating" plans for its business despite the coronavirus lockdown. 

The adviser is in the process of recruiting an additional nine team members into adviser and wealth management roles and its legal and technical departments. 

The acceleration of its recruitment drive includes a bid to increase its client-facing capacity, with the firm being in the process of contacting its 3,500 clients amid the current market climate. 

Neil Moles, chief executive at Progeny, said: "While many businesses are furloughing staff and going to ground, we are doing the opposite.

"We are increasing not reducing the size of our team and accelerating rather than pausing our plans to improve the business.

"Our aim is to emerge with a firm that can better service our clients, create more jobs and support our communities and charitable causes more effectively."

Progeny has moved all team and client meetings online and in an update yesterday morning (April 28) said it had conducted 12,000 minutes of video meetings so far during lockdown.   

The advice firm said staff now spent less time travelling as a result of social distancing measures and therefore had more time to spend communicating with clients.  

In December Progeny acquired London-based IFA Addidi Wealth, a firm well known for its female focus and campaign for change in the financial services sector.

rachel.mortimer@ft.com 

What do you think about the issues raised by this story? Email us on fa.letters@ft.com to let us know.