David Gilman, partner in charge of Blacks Connect, said: “We have designed our online service to be easy to use and self-explanatory.
“We believe this could be an important income generator for broker firms and help the many millions of people in the UK who do not have a will in place.”
- The new service is aimed at clients needing a simple single or mirror will.
- For those requiring a more complex will, a referral would be made to a qualified wills solicitor at Blacks.
- Brokers can save all the information at any time and can return to the writing process whenever they wish.
- When the process is completed, a draft will in PDF form is available to show the client and any amendments can be made.
- Once the form is completed, the will is sent to Blacks for checking.
David Crozier, director and certified financial planner for Navigator Financial Planning, Newry
“This service wouldn’t interest me. I would much prefer to develop a relationship with a local solicitor. It commoditises and devalues a will. It may be appropriate for a simple will but my concern would be that a client may really need to be taking financial planning advice.”