Livepool-based fraudsters are using the name of Société Générale to convince investors they are a Financial Conduct Authority authorised firm, the regulator has warned.
The Financial Conduct Authority said website www.sgcbuk.com is misusing the name of FCA and EEA-authorisied firm Société Générale, but the two have no association whatsoever.
The clone website appears to be no longer working.
Other unauthorised firms targeting people in the UK and warned against by the FCA include:
• New-York-based Pan American Global Partners;
• Gibratar-based Protec Advisers;
• Gibraltar-based Protec Gold Advisers;
• Swiss Investor Club AG, whose website also appears to be no longer operating; and
• Washington-based Hobart Roth.
Investors who do business with unauthorised firms will not have recourse to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme.