All CPD content
Senior Managers and Certification Regime: are you resilient?
- Describe how to ensure there is accountability in advice companies for the resilience of operational services ready for SMCR.
- List what to do to mitigate risks from outside the company.
- Identify the cyber risk to the business and prepare for it.
Regrets, refunds and the relevance of contribution paid dates
- Describe how the refund of excess contributions lump sum works and what is considered a genuine error.
- Identify the date contributions are paid for tax purposes and how different payment methods are treated.
- List what advisers need to know about pension savings statements.
Guide to suitability and duty of care
- Describe what the regulator expects from advisers around duty of care and suitability.
- List what has happened in global markets and why clients might be concerned.
- Identify how to deliver financial solutions that meet client needs against this backdrop.
Guide to preparing for SMCR
- Identify what advice companies can expect from the new regulatory regime and how it has played out in the banking sector.
- Describe what there is to know about complying and the potential challenges advisers might come across.
- List some practical steps advice companies can take now to prepare for SMCR.
Improving pensions for the self-employed
- List the challenges faced by the self-employed in saving into a pension and the employment landscape in general.
- Describe what the DWP trials are looking at in regards to self-employed pensions.
- Identify possible solutions to saving for retirement among self-employed.
Wealth planning needs of internationally mobile clients
- Describe the growth trends among the high net worth community and their wealth planning needs.
- List the tax implications for multi-jurisdictional individuals and what they need to know about fund accessibility.
- Identify what impact regulation will have and the concerns and goals of the next generation of HNWIs.
What is behind the evolution of managed portfolio services?
- List what MPS is and what have been the main drivers of the evolution of MPS.
- Describe what impact the platform approach has had and increased transparency.
- Identify how MPS solutions might develop and what impact new entrants will have.